Friday, August 13, 2021

Testing, Testing, Testing...

So, all 350+ cards have been entered into the game's Triple Triad plugin, and now I've started the testing process to check for conflicts between cards. Currently I have a small list of potentially 15 or so cards that have had their numbers entered incorrectly, which was to be expected given the large number of cards I entered. There were bound to be a few errors!

A match that I should have won, but the Aerith and Valefor cards seem to have had their numbers entered incorrectly.

Anyway, I'm spending most of my free time at work today testing as many cards as I can and watching for conflicts. Fortunately I have a quiet job where I'm left alone for most of the day, so I can get away with this! After work I will be fixing all cards that I know have issues. My goal is detecting as many of these as possible today so that the majority of them (but hopefully all of them) are known to me today, and then I can just squash the occasional one that pops up in actual game testing after.

I'm hoping to also have functional maps and an intro by the end of the weekend as well! The focus of the game has changed a bit from picking a team to join to instead picking an established character from the series to play as. I'm using Record Keeper sprites, but it seems that either the game does not have field graphics for all characters, or my source for these sprites (the ever helpful Kaimi Kreissel) didn't have them, so I'll be limiting the selectable characters from each game to 1-4 characters (depending on roster size), and will be picking the most interesting/popular characters for each to be selectable. Other characters that are not selectable will appear as your NPC friends/teammates.

No comments:

Post a Comment